but we complain a lot. don't we? like... a lot.
no judgment! like i said, it's fortunate that blogging offers such a peaceful outlet, and one that is often (until something goes horribly wrong *cough* Pennsylvanian teachers) possible to accomplish anonymously and harmlessly.
but for today, if only once and even if i'm alone in so doing in the blogosphere, i'd like to take a few moments to a) offer thanks for a random few of life's many, many blessings and b) remind you that, if you're sitting in front of your nice computer reading my blog, chances are you are very blessed, loved and surrounded by reasons to be thankful. it's your choice whether or not you actually be thankful.
here are my random blessings:
- my hair. yeah, that is the first thing that comes to mind. so?? i'm thankful for a full head of naturally highlighted hair, for which i got a compliment from a stranger this week. my brother went bald at 20, and i'm nearing 30 with my hair intact. hallelujah.
- lovely friends who support me despite my craziness, my ups and downs, and an occasional rash life decision for which i expect unconditional support.
- my Ma learning (and liking) to text, which has greatly decreased the need for long telephone chats.
- travel. i've found myself thinking lately how lucky i was to travel to and live in multiple places around the world at such a young age. i'm glad that i made travel a priority before tedious concerns such as money, career and personal relationships could prevent me from packing my bags and flying away.
- Mr. Finch. how could i make a list like this without mentioning that little demon of whom i am so fond?
- you, probably. if you're reading this, we're probably either friends in real life or blog buddies, meaning i take the time to either hang out and/or talk to you in reality, or to check in on and keep up with your life via the internets on a regular basis. if you're a total stranger, this bullet point doesn't apply to you. yet. (i just creepily and very gayly said out loud, "Potentiallll.")
- gummi vitamins.
i'd love to hear a few things for which you're thankful, regardless of how random they may be.