So, this is my life.
And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
days off are few and far between lately -- well, i should specify: days off without a sleep deficit and without a hangover are few and far between lately.
so when i'm lucky enough to have one, like today, i have lots of things on my to-do list. it sucks to do anything on Sunday other than lie supine and stare at a television box, but yesterday was my hung over, napful, foodful day for the week, so i got that all out of my system.
thus, i give you today's to-do's:
1. 5 loads of laundry. almost finished.
2. coffee and brunch with the doctor, to celebrate his awful exam being finished. done. when you're in Baltimore, make sure to stop by Milk & Honey. one of my favorite neighborhood hangouts. even T likes it when she visits, and she's a total cafe snob.
3. change bed linens. i used to do this about twice a week, and lately i've become really lazeballs about it. i assure you that i'm not super gross, but i'm changing my sheets not even once per 7 day week these days. kinda sick.
4. buy new shoes while shopping in the suburbs this afternoon. i hate all my shoes this week.
5. buy new gym shorts. i don't know how it has happened, by two of my regular pairs suddenly seem so short. i'm a little bit embarrassed to walk around my very straight gym wearing short shorts. somehow that never bothered me at any other gym.
6. buy Ingrid's new album while shopping in the suburbs. i should've had it days ago when it came out, but i never buy albums on iTunes -- mostly because i like to pass them along. i buy the hard copy, rip it onto my computer, and then give away the cd.
7. visit a big chain restaurant in suburbs during our shopping trip, and eat something unhealthy. i've already discussed this with my buddy Peter, and he's down for it.
8. catch up on about 100,000 weeks of blogs and celeblogs, which i miss terribly but never seem to find the time to enjoy.
9. continue to ponder the mysterious onset and equally mysterious, though welcomed, decline of Atti's bulimia, which has miraculously been cured during the past week and a half (praise Buddha!).
10. vacuum. always vacuuming.
11. try taking melatonin again and see how it makes me feel, as it didn't put me into a coma the first time i tried it, but then i realized that maybe it's not supposed to work that way.
12. tell myself that i should spend more quality time with my computer in the future, as i miss all your blogs and Facebook shenanigans.
well, i better get busy. it's after 1 and i've completed only the first three on my list. time to shop.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Saturday, January 7, 2012
blowin' in through my house. in January.
if you live in the eastern US, i hope you're enjoying this beautiful summer weather. my patio door is open, which is my favorite way to enjoy a warm, sunny day: from the couch.
my roommate and i are being lazy, though she's using the excuse that she has strep. throat or something. i don't care to make excuses; laziness is my favorite way to spend an afternoon following a productive morning finishing all my to-do's. now it's just me with my face covered in honey while i enjoy a Kardashians mini-marathon.
"Is the world ending this year? Does that have something to do with this weather?" the roommie asked.
the answer is inarguably yes. live it up while you can, sluts!!!
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
...or not to quit while i'm ahead.
as i mentioned to you back in October when i received a cryptic pub urinal message from the gods, i'm most likely expiration dating right now. when the doctor's time at his hospital is up, he could end up anywhere in the country -- nay, anywhere in the world. as of late, he has begun mentioning in passing that he has thought about returning home (far, far away and not even in this hemisphere). chances are, he won't be here a year from now.
so i come to you, dear friends, readers, and fellow bloggers, with a question: do i quit while i'm ahead (e.g. we enjoy time together, but we haven't gotten too serious yet and have only said the "L" word accidentally while half asleep, and i could get out without being hurt or upset, so long as it's my choice) or risk getting closer and having a really tough time if/when he leaves Baltimore?
notwithstanding your much-appreciated advice, i'm leaning toward having the "just friends" talk soon. because if i'm going to be left here in Baltimore 6 months down the line, i should be spending these months lining up a replacement boyfriend. when i was packing up and leaving Philly, a friend very lovingly called me a "cold-hearted son of a bitch;" it's times like these that the cold heart comes in handy.
i'm too old for this shit. i should be married to an I-banker by now, living in the suburbs, working part-time for a cancer non-profit and lovingly raising two children (King Charles spaniels. obviously.).
Monday, January 2, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I wrote down, "happy."
They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.