So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

a lot to do


when i die an old, married man, i hope that people say of me, "He was kind."

i hope that i die wealthy, but not so wealthy that i've stopped voting Democrat.

i hope that someone says of me that he or she never saw me lose my temper, not even at work.

i hope that i am remembered in many funny stories.  

i hope that my body will ultimately have a few tattoos or scars (preferably tattoos, but i still await an image or verse worth permanently markering).  

i hope that i've married the love of my life, and that we don't die too far apart, for fear of one of us grieving for too long.  

between now and far-off then, i have a lot to do.  

No comments: