So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

the grumpy old jew says...

yesterday my boss was talking about some trial prep that he wanted to get done over the weekend.  as today is Yom Kippur (in law school my dear friend CPG taught me all about the Jewish holidays) and he and his family observe all the holy days, i said to him jocularly, "Remember, you can't do work tomorrow."


his response: "I can do whatever the fuck I want. There is no god."

"Okay," i said.  "Will you be fasting?"


his response: "Yeah, I'll be fasting. Look at me. I'm a fat fucking pig. It'll do me some good."




that's my leader and my mentor, folks.  teachin' me the ways of the world.

   

No comments: