So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

why i'm SUCH a good person



do you think that you're a good person? 


just curious.  i don't mean to pry.


i've never thought to myself, "I'm a good person."  although i do occasionally say, "Because I'm *such* a good friend."  but yesterday morning i found myself thinking that i might be a good person, in a way, perhaps, just a little bit, possibly.

i was leaving a subway train, heading toward the stairs toward street (aka non-urine-smelling) level, when a voluptuous black woman rushed past me down the stairs toward the imminently departing train.

i wanted her to make it.  
i wanted her to breathe a sigh of relief. 
i wanted her to make it to work on time.
i wanted her big boobs to fit onto the train.


i turned back to check.


she made it.

i smiled.


i was unreasonably glad. 


does that make me a good person? is the sky blue?  there is only one answer to questions such as these.


 

3 comments:

B'Lisha Jonez said...

You are a very good person at your core. The best. However, there are a few patches of hateful scattered here and there...but you can always get a prescription for that later.

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Judging by your blog, I would say yes. You could just be fooling us all though ;)

I think most of the time I'm a good person. Sometimes when people call me 'sweetie' I want to drop kick them.

*t said...

I remember a conversation you and I had in Cosi once. It went something like this...
me: i think you're a good person.
you: but i gossip.
me: i think you can still be a good person even if you gossip.

xoxo