So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

seeing a doctor

due to a series of unfortunate and painful events involving a wooden shelf crashing into my face, i spent the morning in the emergency room.  


i currently look awful, with bloodshot eyes and a huge bandage on my bloody, gnarled face.  see Exhibit A:




the most ridiculous part of my awful day is that i'm not as upset about the pain or the damage to my gorgeous face as i am that i had to cancel a fun date with my doctor guy tonight.  i've lost count on which date it would have been, but we had fun plans because, for once, he wasn't going to be on call starting at 5 AM tomorrow.  and no, he can't see me this way.  this is totally different than that time i canceled a date because of a zit.  this is serious, people.


for days i've been excited to see the doctor, but the ER wasn't what i had in mind.  


  

3 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

awww you're handsome.
I say keep the date. You can play doctor, for realz. lol

A zit?!!! Really? ptfff.

Feel better soon. xo

Piney said...

Well first of all, you look just fine so I don't think you should cancel. Furthermore speaking as someone in the trade, he has most definitely seen some pretty horrible stuff in the ED. I really, REALLY wouldn't worry. :-)

tobethatguy said...

Well, kids, I tried to cancel; regardless, he showed up with pizza and re-bandaged me.

I know the face isn't horrible, and I'm trying to keep it in perspective, but I have been pretty upset/worried about it.