So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

important firsts, part II

first fight -- or, more importantly, first make-up.  


so the doctor and i had our first fight during the past week.  first weirdness.  first emo moments, though thank Buddha they were mostly via text (the adult way to cop out of an awkward situation!), and finally, first make-up talk.


what's the solution when a really stupid situation arises out of the blue and complicates otherwise simple, straightforward, and uncomplicated relationship?  pretend it didn't happen.


that's exactly what we did last night, over gummy bears:


"I've decided that you and I haven't seen each other for a week."
me: "What do you mean?"
"Well, I've been away.  And you've been away. We haven't spoken in a week, and I really missed you."
me: "Oh. Right, you were in Iran or somewhere, right?"
"You're racist. Learn geography."
me: "I can't be racist, I'm dating a man of color."
"Fine. I was visiting family in Africa.  And you were visiting your mother in Kentucky."
me: "I missed you, too.  How was your week?"


dig holes in sand.  insert heads. 


dangerous? ...meh.  it's working for now.  and i don't think i'd do it if the fight/misunderstanding were at all important, but trust me -- this one was just stupid.
  

1 comment:

JP said...

I want know what that fight was about. Text me??