So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, January 4, 2010

strength in numbers


waking up early and working out in the morning has been a dream of mine for years. i call it a "dream," because to say it's a "goal" would make it sound more attainable.


countless studies and almost all fitness experts tout the benefits of exercising in the morning over any other time of the day. a faster metabolism and reduced appetite are only the beginning; the list stretches long. since i'm unable to get out of my bed before i absolutely have to do so in the morning, i need a little help reaching for the benefits of an early workout.

yesterday i made an agreement with my roommate, who regularly wakes up at the buttcrack of dawn in order to run, that i'd start joining her. i made it clear that i'd need an extra nudge to get me out of bed at 6:30, but that i am really serious about working out in the morning like she does. starting today.

when i woke up at 8 this morning, after reaching for the snooze button twice, Shaunice was still in bed. not only had we failed to get up and work out together, but my complete lack of will power apparently brought her down with me. she silenced her alarm and slept in as late as she possibly could, telling her morning run to screw itself.


oh well. at least we did it together.


No comments: