So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

post(ing) secret(s)



a few of the songs i like to listen to when i'm in the mood to wallow in sadness or a similar emotion:
  • You Had Time  by Ani DiFranco
  • Please Don't Go by Barcelona
  • Hear Me Out by Frou Frou
  • Comfortable by John Mayer
  • The Special Two by Missy Higgins
  • The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice
  • Be Mine! (Acoustic) by Robyn
  • Honey and the Moon by Joseph Arthur
strangely, they're all heartbreak-themed songs.  i guess that tone complements various kinds of sadness.


i should add that i have an entire playlist of songs to lift me up out of sadness and similar emotions.  sometimes they work.  sometimes they don't.  sometimes i don't want to be lifted quite yet.  hence, the wallowing playlist.

   

1 comment:

J said...

My number 1 wallowing song: Billy Joel's "And So It Goes."

I think you put that one on a mix CD for me once.