So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, June 6, 2011

not right now

Do you ever read the Sunday comics?  Well, when I was a little kid, I use to put my nose right up to them. And I was just amazed because it looked like this mass of dots, and none of it made sense until I pulled back. Life looks like that mass of dots to me sometimes. None of it makes any sense, but I like to think that, from God's perspective, life, everything - even this - make sense. It's not just dots. Instead we're all connected, and it's beautiful and funny and good. This close we can't expect it to make sense, not right now. 

-from Latter Days, which i recently watched again after many years.  gay movies are mostly terribly low quality, but this one has its moments.  just a few.


 

1 comment:

Piney said...

Gay movies are pretty horrific indeed,wasn't a big fan of latter days to be honest. Short bus, beautiful thing and hedwig and thw angry inch are some of the very select few i actually enjoy.