So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

change of scenery

i decided to take a leap.  make a change.  abandon ship -- the ship being my life in Philadelphia.  6 years was long enough.


as i write this, i'm sitting on my bed in my new apartment in Baltimore, Maryland.  after two months of back-and-forth, spending weekends in Baltimore so that i can acquaint myself with the city and meet some new friends, today it's official.  i'm home.  the only thing left in Philly for me to bring here is my catticus.  by the time he gets here, the place will be put together and ready for him.  


for now, there are boxes and suitcases everywhere.  the apartment is a mess.  i have a lot of organizing, unpacking and decorating to do, but i'm excited and happy to do it.  i'm excited and happy to be here.


i'm living in a beautiful, historic neighborhood within walking distance to the Inner Harbor.   i don't yet know my way around, but i have some before starting my job; i'll get to know the city in time.  




i'm hoping that this graffiti-covered bench is correct.  i'm hopeful that, for me, Baltimore will be a great city. 


here goes...
    

1 comment:

*t said...

I <3 this picture.