So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, September 9, 2011

"Who's Caleb?"



if i had a dollar for every time i've been searching for a contact in my phone and have noticed a name that rings absolutely no bells...


it's always a male first name.  never a last name. that would jog some memory. probably.


there's usually not a descriptor, because that also would help my memory.  i've recently used a few descriptors in my address book.  you know what i mean by a descriptor, right?  i've been chatting with some Indian kid named Sam but haven't met him or Facebooked him yet, so he's obviously in my phone as Sam Indian.  


i need to just save boys in my phone according to how we met, or where our one and only date occurred.  John Irish Pub.  why don't i do this every time?


oh, i know why.  because at the time when i'm first talking to a new guy, i assume that our courtship will go so magically and unprecedentedly well that within a short time, i'll not only know his last name, but will be making plans to add it to my own, after a sexy hyphen.  because i'm a romantic.  because i'm always looking for my future husband.  because i'm an idiot.  


and i have absolutely no idea who Caleb is.


  

2 comments:

Piney said...

*likes*

Tay said...

There are no fewer than six people in my phone whose last names are all "McGillins." Naming them for where you met them is a really useful do-not-answer reminder.