So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Drunksgiving

11:20P.  omg need to go to bed.  2 more people stopped by.  lovely to see them, but i cannot watch any more 'Love Actually' deleted scenes. everybody (except T) needs to go home and let me sleep.  it turned out to be a not-too-drunk-sgiving.  great success.  


9:09 P.  "Oh, no. That is so inconvenient." i feel you, Prime Minister; love can be just so inconvenient. oh, um, watching 'Love Actually'... obviously.

8:42 P.  coincidentally, once i began washing dishes and banging pots around, everyone woke up!  crazy timing, because i was hungry for dessert and M2 was ready to make whipped cream for his pies.  pies sure wake people up.  so does egg nog, but eventually that makes them all pass out again.  






7:20 P.  people are droppin' like flies, yo!  er'body be fallin' asleep.  i told an old friend who lives in DC that i'd meet up for a drink while he's in town visiting family, but my resolve is growing weaker.  'Chicago' is on a movie channel; perhaps because i know how this story ends, i am not on the edge of my seat.  i am on the verge of saying goodnight to the half-asleep gang.  what happened to Drunksgiving? no one has even had any nog.


5:00 P.  during the meal, we went around the table and each shared what he or she is thankful for this year.  as i shared with my friends, this year i am most thankful for happiness and stability.  i've been happy every day since moving to Baltimore, and life here feels very stable.  when it was D's turn to share, she said that i took her answer.


4:40 P. so much good food.  now all i want to do is nap.  it's kinda late to nap, though, right?  i think that if i nap after 2 pm, then either my night's sleep will be ruined or i'll be unable to wake up and will just sleep until 4 in the morning.  like that Gwen Stefani song.  which reminds me, i love this Gwen Stefani song and haven't heard it in a while.  the video is great.




2:30 P.  we were supposed to eat 30 minutes ago, but otherwise everything is going smoothly.  D asked me to "say grace" before the meal, so we'll see if i can come up with something nice and non-offensive to any christians who may be hiding within earshot.  everyone likes the punch, and since nobody has eaten yet, it's quite effective.


1:02 P.  the fizzy vodka fruity punch is great.  in perfecting the recipe, i've had about two drinks, and i haven't even started my famous egg nog yet.  also, our second import from Philadelphia just arrived, dressed up and looking hot. i was just informed that we're all "dressing up" for the meal today.  just now.  thanks for the heads up, guys.  what to wear? 


12:05 P.  we just gave one of the cats a bath so that she'd be fluffy and pretty for our guests.  i don't have the patience/strength to bathe Atticus, and i have a lot of work to do anyway.  what to wear? what to put in my fizzy vodka drink? what to wear? just ate a banana, for the K.


11:10 A.  still on the phone with Ma, who advises me that i'm waking up to "Charlie horses" and muscle spasms because i need potassium.  "You need to eat bananas," she says.  i'm so tired, i almost blurt out, "Bitch you don't know my life!" but catch myself at the "B---" and end up saying, "But I ate an entire bunch of bananas this week."  i really did.  and why does that woman start every sentence with "You need to..."?  


11:00 A.  everyone is awake.  turkey is going into the oven soon, with absolutely no help from me.  i did vacuum, though, and have been talking to my Ma on the phone forevz.  this call is longer than usual.  because it's a holiday? i know i should be home.  my brother's home.  i just couldn't make it this year.  oh, cool, someone left the patio door open all night.  that explains the frostbite.  and i really liked my toes (but only the ones on my right foot).


10:30 A.  awoke again, this time not due to a muscle spasm, but rather panic: no one is awake yet!  everyone was out partying last night, so the house is sleeping in.  but that bird isn't going to cook itself, and the meal is scheduled for four hours from now.  i just want to sleep. someone else please wake up.


7 A.  [Interior (even though it's so cold it feels like i'm camping)]  rough start this morning.  got to bed at 2:30 (not too bad), but woke up to the horrible pain of a muscle spasm. rubbed leg. now can't sleep.  guess i'll check Facebook.


  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You need to..." are the exact same words my mom begins each sentence with. I think she feels that if I follower her advice she still has some control over my life. Little does she know that the gay-bomb is going to drop soon.

tobethatguy said...

Erik, I like how you say "gay bomb" like it's an attack or revenge of some sort.

*t said...

The first of this post I read probably somewhere between "Chicago" and "Love" and I smirked across the couch to you. Little did I know you continued it throughout the night. How very Bridget Jones of you. I love it. I love even more that I was there to share it with ya'll...even if all we did was eat, drink, and sleep. We were all grateful and merry.