So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, February 13, 2009

don't look back


"gaga ok - can i year your coat?"

"u wanna go out w/ up tonight?"

"i have on clue. ask Eric"

any of my friends will tell you that my txting skills have advanced leaps and bounds in the past month, since i went unlimited.

i finally explained to my mom (who pays my cell bill - don't judge - so that i'll always call home and also because i tell her i can't afford it... as i'm shopping for new jeans) that no one speaks over the phone anymore, so i absolutely had to have unlimited texting. she's so understanding that she got unlimited texting for herself, too. she'll probably send/receive about 10 messages this month.


yet no matter how much i've improved with practice, my messages still come out looking slightly dim-witted. it usually doesn't matter, as most of my friends are able to figure out that ON means "no" and UP means "us" GAGA obvi means "haha" and so on. only a few times have i received the response "??" from someone.

but it's embarrassing, as i look back over my SENT messages, how many errors i make.


i mean, ME! the grumpy grammarian! the spelling wiz! the perfectionist.

and you know why? because this world of crazy digicommunication is just too fast. we don't have time to think about what we're saying, let alone how we're saying it!

is this the world in which we now live? is this what we've become???

maybe the only solution is this: don't review your SENT folder. i definitely need to stop checking mine.

No comments: