So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

note to self


i'm allowed to change my mind, to feel differently, to forget the past, to fail at keeping my own resolutions, to have been wrong,

it's called learning. growing. evolution.

i can admit when i've been wrong, emotional, when i've overreacted. i'm a big enough person that i'll accept the embarrassment, if that's what you want to call it.

i make mistakes. that's who i am. and it's who you are, too.


maybe i can never erase the words on the page or whitewash the memories of my loved ones, but i can shrug my shoulders and say "eh... i guess i was wrong. so what?"

i'll come right out and say it: "i don't know." there.

sometimes i really just don't have a clue. why don't we all try to admit that more often?

i feel better now.

No comments: