So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

like i said.

after MILK's big win at the Academy Awards the other night, the real Cleve Jones (played in the film by cutie Emile Hirsch) weighed in on the ongoing march toward gay rights:

Jones says:

You know, I think that for too long, we have accepted this failed strategy of allowing our rights to be debated state by state, county by county, city by city. We‘ve settled for compromises for far too long. We‘ve settled for fractions of equality. And I think that that is going to end. And we‘re now going to insist on full equality, equal protection under the law in all areas governed by civil law in all 50 states. And I hope people see this film and are inspired by what we did in San Francisco in 1978.

i feel the same way. we've settled for far too long. as i said a few months ago in a rant, i'm no longer interested in tolerance.

the only option going forward is equality.


No comments: