So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, October 30, 2009

our time down here


Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there!

Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here.

i can't find my copy of one of my favorite movies of all time, so i took to the ever-useful internets for help with my potential Halloween costume. while trying to find photos of the sexy sweatsuit worn by Brand Walsh (played by a young and studly Josh Brolin) in The Goonies, i came across this inspiring carpe diem quote by a misty-eyed young, pre-hobbit Sean Astin, who played treasure-hunting Mikey.






oh, and is it just me, or does he remind you SO MUCH of Eric from Entourage?












i feel like they're the same person, but maybe this is like my Emily Blunt/Katy Perry/Zooey Deschanel conspiracy theory.

at any rate...





i'm still debating whether to dress as a Goonie for Halloween, though the sweatpants-in-a-dance-club idea kinda turns me on. but in the meantime i wanted to share little Mikey's speech and remind you - and me, primarily - to live in the moment.

it's our time, down here. i know i'm not the only person who struggles to live in the present, especially when the present can be rainy and miserable and exhausting thanks to these things called jobs... so take it for what it's worth. and watch The Goonies again soon. it's a classic. and if you have my DVD, i want it back.

I WANT MY PINK SHIRT* BACK!!!!!


*Goonies DVD

No comments: