So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

way says...

Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself... to become a new person.


recently i went on a date with a guy who had a phoenix tattoo with some text about rising from the ashes.  i didn't ask him from what ashes he has risen, or through what hardship he has gone.  too deep for first date talk.  but i couldn't help but think about what it means to rise again, figuratively.  to re-create yourself.  to completely change course and keep moving, but in a direction you never thought you'd go.  


today one of my best friends turns 30.  i'm not far behind.  not that it's old or anything... 30 is young.  30 is the new 20.  i say that not to make myself feel better about aging, but because our generation is doing in our thirties the things that our parents' generation did in their 20's.  at any rate, it seems like a good time to re-create, to change course. 

hopefully i won't wait until my thirtieth year to do so. 

1 comment:

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Why not? Life only begins (or again, if you think about it that way) after 30! Or at least mine did. I've also been thinking about getting a phoenix tattoo, have the design and everything. So very strange to read this post from you. Happy Sunday :)