So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

my afternoon smile

today at the cafe i received such an unexpected, surprising compliment from a regular customer: that i look like a teenager.


wellll.... kind of. the conversation went as follows:
nice red-headed girl: Did you cut your hair?
me: Yeah, I just got bored and shaved it off.
nrhg: It looks good!
me: Thanks.  People keep telling me that I look younger.
nrhg: Yeah, you do.
me: Like I'm 16?
nrhg: Yeah.
[later, when the customer was leaving]
me: See you later!  Thanks for saying I look like I'm 16.
nrhg: You sort of suggested it, so --
me: Okay, see 'ya.


wasn't that so nice of her?  here i am, almost 30, and people think i look so young, including the produce lady at Reading Terminal last week. 

  


No comments: