on gloomy, cloudy yet sticky summer days like this, when i'm in a wretched mood the second i walk out my door and begin sweating, it helps to focus on the sunny side of life. to that end, i'm putting together a list of things i'm excited or happy about:
1. my dentist appointment this afternoon! wax on, wax off!
2. my girl Tay's themed birthday party tonight. still racking my brain to come up with a 90's outfit that i won't be too embarrassed to wear to a bar afterwards... suggestions?
3. debuting my new house at a little get-together with some out-of-town guests tomorrow.
4. losing 5 pounds in the past day due to some loco stomach bug. suh-weeeet!
5. the A/C in my office has been out of control this week. on wednesday the temp actually hit a frosty 58 degrees (one of the other attorneys left early because, he claimed, his nose was too cold). normally i'd whine about that, but considering the crazy weather outside, i was happy as a clam on ice with the office temp.
6. a new Hair Plan. i get so pumped for my Hair Plans, but sometimes i go months in between good ideas. like writer's block for a stylist, it's quite frustrating to just keep trimming with no real inspiration. cut grow cut grow. my blockage has cleared.
7. my closet. after a disastrous collapse, maintenance came to fix a shelf that must've been overly burdened. sometimes a mess is the perfect motivation to re-organize and re-think a space. now it's better than ever, and in less danger of burying atticus in a heap of fallen clothes.
8. gossip girl. see previous posts. i'm in deep.
9. oh, and last but certainly not least: it's friday! TBIF.
10. anything you'd like to add?