So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

daydreaming about dreams


You know that place between asleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming? ...That's where I'll be waiting.

this romantical quote from one of my favorite childhood movies, HOOK, just popped into my head as i was telling a friend about the crazy night of dreams i had.

maybe i still haven't snapped back to reality after the long holiday weekend's craziness and laziness; or maybe the Tylenol PM just hasn't worn off yet... i don't know. but i'm definitely still in a fog.

start with a dreary tuesday morning, throw in a wandering mind, and you'll find me daydreaming about being back in my comfy bed with fresh white sheets after the weekend's laundry ritual. what i wouldn't give to be back there...


at the same time i continue thinking about the vivid dreams i had last night. were they, too, the product of my OTC sleeping pills? did my 10+ hours of sleep leave my mind so bored, it started making up stories?

i won't go into the craziness that went on in my head last night, but i will say that now i have a strong urge to decorate an old attic and to sleep in it, as well as to drive back home to amishville with some random law school classmates who i haven't even seen for months.

dreams are so weird. often mine are a sort of compilation, or greatest hits, of my day beforehand. but every now and then, like last night's dreams, they come out of nowhere. places i haven't been in years, people who aren't even in my daily life, sometimes there are giant snakes involved. don't even get me started on my recurring dreams.

i know one thing: it's unusual to remember dreams this well several hours after waking.

No comments: