So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, November 6, 2009

i believe the children are our future

looking for a way to waste time today and cruise toward 5 o'clock? check out the blog Lamebook, which is a comical, slightly discouraging, too-true look at real Facebook posts.
we all have a Facebook friend (or two) who tends to over-share or post far-too-personal status updates. i, for one, am always tempted to LIKE the depressed cries for attention.
there was a time when an emotional rant would get my annoying Fbook friends swiftly deleted, but these days i graciously use the HIDE feature so that i don't have to see their craziness every time i log on.i think we can all learn some very important, if unsettling, lessons from Lamebook. for example:
  1. our generation cannot spell, nor does anyone care about grammar these days,
  2. teenagers have some serious drama going down, and
  3. some stupid kids need to remember that their parents are their Facebook friends.
depressing or funny?

you decide.


big ups to Mike for alerting me to this site. you're responsible for so much time wasted.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I wish I could "like" this. I feel so lost without the self-validation of clicking an electronic thumbs-up.

Coll said...

Hilarious. And Amen on the spelling/grammar observation.