So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Road, part II

i was about to return this fantastic novel to its owner when i came across another devastating part that i have to share.*

Just take me with you. Please.

I can't.

Please, Papa.

I can't... I thought I could but I can't.

You said you wouldn't ever leave me.

I know. I'm sorry. You have my whole heart. You always did. You're
the best guy. You always were. If I'm not here you can still talk to me. You can talk to me and I'll talk to you. You'll see.

Will I hear you?

Yes. You will. You have to make it like talk that you imagine. And you'll hear me. You have to practice. Just don't give up. Okay?

Okay.

in other news, the film adaptation is scheduled for release this Thanksgiving and, according to wiki, was filmed partially on a creepy, abandoned stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which is just outside of my hometown.


*edited slightly so as to not give away the ending.

2 comments:

Coll said...

One of the best books ever written by a human being.

KSB said...

I can't even imagine. Think, dark, scary RT 75 on a fall night. EEEEK that's a horror film w/o even tryin!!!!!!!