So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

say "thank" again


2009 hasn't been my best year ever. in fact, it's been quite - what's the word i'm looking for? something not too melodramatic. umm - trying. yes, the past year has been a trying one. i'll save the ins and outs and ups and downs of 2009 for my New Year's Eve wrap-up post, or not. for now i want to focus on thankfulness.

every year at Thanksgiving dinner, my family goes around the table and each of us shares at least one thing for which we're thankful. this morning when our tradition came to mind, i couldn't immediately think of an answer. i never had this problem in years
past. and i don't like that i had any hesitation in coming up with an answer.

i think in times like this it's more important than ever to say "thank you" and to acknowledge those blessings and good things for which i'm thankful. for that reason, i give you:

10 things for which this guy is thankful
  1. A.P. Finch.
  2. a happy - and nice - home. Shaunice and i take care of each other.
  3. reliable drinking buddies and friends who know how to have a good time.
  4. my awesome hair. thanks, mom.
  5. vodka. thanks, Russia.
  6. Chelsea Handler.
  7. my bed. especially with a good book.
  8. my computer's 5th birthday came and went, and it still works like magic. thanks, Apple!
  9. Ben & Jerry's fro-yo. and not because i'm racking my brain to think of things to list here. it's legit amazing.
  10. the promise that tomorrow will be better than yesterday, and 2010 will be the best year yet. i believe.


now you tell me some things for which you're thankful this year. thanks.

1 comment:

Coll said...

Personally, it was not a good year for me either, but I think 2009 gave us a lot for which to be thankful:

http://collology.blogspot.com/2009/11/for-which-i-give-thanks.html