So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, August 25, 2008

contentment

i might have been a singer who sailed around the world,
a gambler who wins millions and spent it all on girls


i might have been a poet who walked upon the moon,
a scientist who would tell the world i discovered something new


i might have loved a king and been the one to enter war,
a criminal who drinks champagne and never could be caught


but among your books,
among your clothes,
among the noise and fuss
i've let it go


i can stop and catch my breath
and look no further for happiness


and i will not turn again
cause my heart has found its home




new dido, and i love it. i can't decide if she intends it to be sad or enlightened.
but it speaks to a part of me that is very content -- a part that feels loved -- a part of me that, rather than wanting something new, seeks happiness in more of the same.

'ya know?

.

No comments: