So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

EXXXXAAAACTLY!


from October's Men's Health, "Ask the girl next door" advice column:

When can I send a text? When should I call?

Texting is a perfectly acceptable medium for mindless flirting ("ur such a qt"), logistical updates ("w8 for me"), and quick inquiries ("u like Thai?"). For conversations that require more than a single back and forth, please pick up the phone -- there's too much room for misinterpretation and confusion when you're trying to communicate in 20 characters or less. texting is a no-no if you're canceling plans, apologizing, or delivering news she won't be happy with ("btw: going 2 Vegas 2nite").

When in doubt, dial.




AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's *so* funny, because I just overheard a conversation on that topic between two men sitting next to me in the park yesterday. They both had their phones out and the one guy said to the other: God, I hate text messaging. I wish people would just call. A message that takes 2 hours to get across in texts takes, like, a 2 minute conversation.