So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, September 15, 2008

nothing if not professional


[discussing the lack of a/c in the office]
me: i can't stop sweating
lois: and it's only gettin' hotter!
me: i'm about to take my shirt off.
lois: do it.
me: i'm serious.
lois: you should. take it off!

me: [in my sexy voice] you'd like that, wouldn't you, lois?
lois: [long mmmmmmmmm-hmmm that only a sassy black woman can pull off].


and while we're on the topic, can i just say: as the sun rises, beating its heat upon philadelphia like fists against a punching bag, i will be sitting here. complaining. in the heat of the 24th floor. by noon i may be in one of the worst moods of my life.

heaven help us.

No comments: