So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, September 26, 2008

mea culpa



I’ve been in a rut, back and forth enough
Heart like a wheel
Without you around, so uncomfortable is how it feels
Every time you’re near trouble disappears
Under the ground
But when you go too far silver clouds will start hanging around...


you must be wondering if i've written a lovely poem about missing A.

maybe you're curious whether these are the previously undiscovered lyrics of musical genius Joni Mitchell.

at the very least, your heart is swooning from the power of these profound words, at first look presumably written by a poet-sage with many years of experience. decades of love and loss that must be expressed.

now that i've moved you, i'll confess to you that these are the lyrics of one of my current favorite songs. by miley cyrus.

i was skeptical when e gave me the cd. i guess after enough replays, any album can grow on you. except adele's. i hate that cd, and i'm not warming up to it, not even a little bit. but back to miley. i have to say that it took a couple months, but now she's got a presence on all my up-beat playlists, including GYM. which explains why this song in particular has been swimming around my head since my workout last noche.

while we anxiously await her video for it *crosses fingers*, you can access the song for free on youtube. maybe there will even be a lovely user-made video to go along with it. maybe a 14-yr. old homo dancing around his bedroom? it's worth tubing (like googling. use it.) the song title "Full Circle" to find out...


UPDATE: on second thought, don't tube it. i did, and it's not pretty.

.

1 comment:

Eric Puglisi said...

ALWAYS TRUST ME WITH THE MUSIC!