So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

fəɾ o̜ːl lɑŋ səin 2009


should old acquaintance be forgot,


and never brought to mind...

one year later, i sit listening to Auld Lang Syne on repeat. once again i wait at home alone for the night's party to begin. the calm before the storm. a time to reflect.

and surely you'll buy your pint cup

and surely i'll buy mine

and we'll take a cup o' kindness yet

for auld lang syne

i didn't make a to-do list in 2009, and i learned my lesson for it. the year passed by so quickly, and i'm not sure how many accomplishments i can tally. it was a year of settling in. it was a year of routine and work. it was a year of trying to focus and trying to find energy just to wade through the long days.

we two have run about the slopes

and picked the daisies fine

but we've wandered many a weary foot

since auld lang syne


a year ago i wondered if 2009 could possibly be as full of as much happiness, love, triumph, and celebration as 2008 brought with it. it wasn't.

it was... different. not just for me, either. it was a trying year for a lot of my friends and family.

and there's a hand my trusty friend

and give us a hand o' thine

and we'll take a right good will draught

for auld lang syne


the good thing is that 2009 has been a year of growth and change. i learned how to deal. i said good-bye a lot. i learned that i'm quite all right on my own. i kept my chin up.

i am absolutely certain that 2010 will be an amazing year full of happiness and new joys. and i think i'll appreciate it all the more thanks to what the past year has brought and what the past year has taken.

for auld lang syne, my dear

for auld lang syne

we'll take a cup of kindness yet

for auld lang syne

1 comment:

Clint said...

This was a fantastic post.

Have a great 2010 -- hopefully better than 2009 (which was not as good as 2008 on this end either) -- and I hope to see you around sometime soon. Cheers!