So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

love you forever

yesterday i found a post-it that i wrote months ago and forgot about. something i read and had to write down. re-reading it brought tears to my eyes, so naturally i'm sharing it with you.

after h. ledger's death, his parents released "statements" that were more like open letters to their son. the message written by ledger's father is very beautiful.

he wrote:

My beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

Your truly varied artistic skills, insatiable desire to improve and eclectic abilities set you apart from any other person on the planet . . . it had only just started for you ... and for us to further enjoy.

We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son.

I will love you forever.

Dad



No comments: