So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

here's me part II

25 factoids, for the record:

1. if i fall asleep wearing socks, i wake up and the socks are gone. without fail.

2. my work computer screensaver just scrolls "
Om namah shivaya."
3. i don't really like musicals. or madonna. i feel like a traitor to my subculture.

4. in a month i'll be a published scholar. i wish i'd get some money for it or something.

5. most nights i sleep with my pillow turned up and down, rather than horizontally. i could just get smaller pillows, but . . . meh.

6. speaking of which, at least once - sometimes twice - a night, i wake up and look out my window. usually around 3 AM. (the witching hour. and i think of that every morning.)

7. every single day i go to cnn.com to take the quick poll, even if i don't have an opinion on the subject.

8. i love gummi bears and gummi worms, but i haven't allowed myself to eat them in probably a year.

9. i have never seen any Godfather movie, nor have i ever seen a Star Wars film.

10. i drink out of glass jars in the office. i brought them in, and i know i'm the only person using them.

11. my favorite song ever is a country song. i guess it's in my blood.

12. i keep accidentally writing on my dry erase board with sharpie.

13. i have a pillow with the lyrics to Ben Folds' "The Luckiest" written on it. gift from my bff.

14. last week i ate an entire jar of pickles in one day. they're only 5 calories per spear.

15. for the first time in years, i'm not boycotting anything currently. not even Cosi.

16. i shower at the gym, and no - i don't think that's strange at all.

17. if i'm sitting at my desk at work, my shoes are probably off.

18. i think it's actually god that is in the details.

19. i compulsively buy movies and books on amazon.com, sometimes when i've had too many drinks.

20.
i once kissed a boy. on the rooftop of a building. on a mid-summer night. after eating Ben n Jerry's. i could've died happily that night.
21.
i hated tuna all my life, until i craved it one day a few years ago. ditto: pickles. big ditto: olives.
22. i LOVE when people have fun combination names, like two geographical words (i knew a Georgia Brittain in college) or even better, two first names (like Ethan Allen).

23.
i like my right foot. the left, not so much.
24. i finally started recycling a few months ago.
25.
for whatever reason, babies always like me.

No comments: