So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

a holiday FYI, via gchat

me: this isn't a real holiday
david: true
me: this is just a marketing ploy designed by the makers of green food coloring

david: thanks for ridding us of snakes st patrick
how did he rid the island of snakes? some pied piper shit?
me: i think he just prayed or something
i dunno
that's a good thing to wikipedia... hold on

me: and i quote:::
Pious legend credits Patrick with banishing snakes from the island, though all evidence suggests that post-glacial Ireland never had snakes;[38] one suggestion is that snakes referred to the serpent symbolism of the Druids of that time and place, as shown for instance on coins minted in Gaul (see Carnutes), or that it could have referred to beliefs such as Pelagianism, symbolized as “serpents”.

david: so he got rid of the satanists
me: essentially
david: there are still snakes on this muthafuckin plane
me: you always take it too far.



No comments: