So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the day the earth stood still


the day began like any other.

i woke up, shaved and dressed despite being at least half asleep. walked the 15 minutes to work. new iPod Touch keeps getting stuck on "repeat song." annoying. i should learn how to work that thing. got to work. homepage. news. my boss sent me an e-mail at 5:15 am. and i thought i was an early bird. checkin' da blogrolllllll. what's going o

what.
the.
eff?

my favorite blog, the one that keeps me awake, the one that can make me laugh on even the most stressful of days, is -- gulp -- blocked. no more dlisted? really?

wait, no gossip blogs whatsoever? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? i don't even like perez, but at least it's something! but no. they're all blocked. adult content? mature? no way!



i didn't really think anything of it yesterday when i received a firm-wide e-mail about temporary interference with e-mail, internet, blah blah, new firewall, blah blah.

i didn't realize that our IT guy would take away my very source of joy, my fount of pleasure and entertainment in the weary desert of corporate 9-5 life. i weep. i had a dream.

of course, it's not in my nature to accept the horrors brandished in my face by fate. that terrible disease called "employment" has ruined enough of my life already; i won't let it win. to adulthood i cry, "NO THANK YOU PLEASE!"

no thank you, indeed. i shall overcome.

a quick stop on my iGoogle homepage, and i add a few blogs to my Google Reader, and TA-DA!


all better.


that was a close one.

No comments: