So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, August 28, 2009

power (ballad) hungry




i find myself feeling nostalgic after hearing this classic while i waited in line at Quizno's. (.......for a salad, of course).

what ever happened to the power ballad? why did rock music stop screaming its heart out? i guess we still have bands like Paramore and even *gags at the thought of* Nickelback, but they don't compare with the late '80's rockers. i guess maybe Daughtry comes close.

but i want more.

so listen up, modern rockstars: start singing it like you mean it! cry a little! grow your hair long! bring back the ballad!

that's all. thanks.


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Hee. I forgot that you've never karaoked with me. This is my go-to, bring-the-house-down staple. It works best as a duet...