So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, August 7, 2009

unacceptable

today i opened up my Outlook calendar, and there on the screen, glaring at me from my THIS MONTH view, was labor day. already on the horizon.

i couldn't help but think how quickly the summer is passing by. passing me by, i should say...

Things I Wanted To Do This Summer:
  • go to the beach (and sit in the shade)
  • take a road trip to a destination farther away than central pennsylvania
  • read lots of books
  • keep "summer hours" at work
  • enjoy at least 1 happy hour a week (happy hour, singular, is misleading)
  • book a may-jah vacation for the fall
  • lose 50 pounds
  • buy a nice blue suit

Things I've Done:

  • not left the city. like, at all
  • read some books, but only 1 that i loved
  • spent way too much time at work
  • had a couple happy hours, but not nearly enough
  • watched weeks and months fly by
  • unsuccessfully tried to get friends to commit to a may-jah vacation
  • lost 5 pounds
  • gained 3 pounds back
  • bought a cute pair of blue pinstripe pants. now i have 3. ugh


i really need to re-prioritize, even if just for the final month of summer.


No comments: