So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

must get out





i was gone for a minute.
now i'm back.



i needed to escape my life and my city for a little while. i needed some peace and quiet. needed some time to think. needed a break from my social circles. fortunately, i have access to the perfect place for this type of escape.


nestled in the hills of Amish country, surrounded by fields and trees, and far enough from civilization that cell phones are unreliable and the most expensive internet is painfully slow, my parents' farm sits waiting with open arms for a weary escapee like myself.

if land had a voice, i think our land would sound like James Earl Jones. it quiets you, soothes you, tells you to hush. the land cradles you as you walk along deer paths through the forest (AKA the backyard) and as you lie in the grass and stare up.


today i awoke at home in Philadelphia feeling centered and refreshed. back to reality. i'm glad i got away, and by tomorrow maybe i'll feel glad to be back here.


No comments: