so as i went about my day, i thought about what a GCB i used to be and about how far i've strayed. i decided to be sensitive and mindful throughout the day, looking for god all around me. i should do so every day, because it's a very nice perspective from which to view the world around you.
i'll add that it's probably much easier on a perfectly lovely Spring day. maybe even easier in a place like picturesque New Hope, where i spent the day wandering the streets, eating unhealthily, and taking in the sunshine. as i did so, i found god all around me:
- waking up early after a good night's sleep with all the windows wide open.
- Mr. Finch all up in my grill and purring like crazy. that almost never happens.
- the little boys feeding potato chips to the uninterested ducks and explaining to mom that the ducks really do prefer chips over bread crumbs.
- the pub that was crowded at 11 AM and had the best selection of sandwiches and burgers. and fried things. mmm fried things...
- the gaggle of old trannies dressed up like they were going to church. i think they were having a say-something hat day! bless their hearts.
- the very slight sunburn i got, like a kiss from Jesus, welcoming me to Spring after a long, snowy, and vacationless (read: ghostly pale) winter.
- listening to a friend's relationship woes and realizing that, for better or for worse, i have no comparable complaints -- for the first time in a long time.
- arriving home to some pretty great mail for the second time in a week. thanks, mr. postman! i love you too!
in related news, my personal goal/quest for April is to be more mindful as i go about my days and weeks. more on that later.