So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, April 27, 2009

you're worth it


let me paint a picture for you.

you know my apartment, right? the apartment i have loved and lived in for a year?
you wouldn't recognize it if you saw it today.

in my entryway: a mattress leaning up against the wall. i hope it doesn't fall.
covering my fireplace: box springs leaning up against the wall. i really hope they don't fall when someone's sitting on the couch.
blocking the path to the kitchen: a chair and an ottoman. at least they match my couch.
in my bedroom: a huge brown sofa sits beside my bed. atticus likes that.
and scattered throughout the place: two huge book shelves, a massive flat-screen tv, a dresser, a wine rack, a cabinet, and about 80 J.Crew bags filled with books, pots, pans, headbands, shoes, and seemingly thousands of female undergarments.

but, shauna, you're worth it.

change is difficult. it's unnerving. but it's necessary if we're ever going to move on. to move up. and we're movin' on up -- i can feel it.

between now and then, i'm going to have the joy of once again living with a dear gal pal. we'll work out the furniture situation. and eventually i'll pack up my apartment and send it off somewhere to set it up again. there's a lot going on right now. hectic. but it's worth it.

No comments: