So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

but i miss you sometimes



And I thought of all the bad luck
and the struggles we went through,
how I lost me and you lost you.
What are all these voices outside love's open door
that make us throw off our contentment
and beg for something more?
I'm learning to live without you now,
but I miss you sometimes
.


one of my absolute favorite songs for years, but it's back in heavy rotation on my playlist, in 2 versions, after a friend recently put india arie's cover on a mix tape for me. it's fantastic, though nothing will ever beat the original, preferably a live version.

don henley has some kind of magical gift; he can bring back torrents of emotion with just a few chords on his guitar.

No comments: