So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Friday, July 10, 2009

real love


You may not be his first, his last, or his only. He loved before, he may love again. But if he loves you now, what else matters?

He's not perfect -- you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together, but if he can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can.

He may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you can break: his heart. So don't hurt him, don't change him, don't analyze and don't expect more than he can give.

Smile when he makes you happy, let him know when he makes you mad, and miss him when he's not there.


editor's note
: i wonder if bob marley would mind if he knew i was playing gender reassignment with his beautifully simple and quotable words? of course marley said "she," but i prefer my alternative version.


and so begins my series on real love, in all its glory and its gloom.

1 comment:

ASH said...

Ya 'Mon, I rillee luvin dis quote.


(tried to make it sound rasta, but it kinda sounded indirasta) yikes.