So, this is my life.
And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
pass it on, or you will have 7 years of bad luck
i saw this "Bucket List" over on Colleen's blog, and for my own entertainment i decided to go through it and tally up what i've done in my first 27 years -- and then figure out what i've yet to do.
it reminds me of an old-school e-mail chain quiz (which i loved with all my heart when the internets were first invented), or a Myspace post that everyone would do except that one, too-cool-for-school friend. does Myspace still exist? i don't feel like Googling it.
at any rate, i'll highlight those bucket list items i've done thus far. unless i get bored with this halfway through. then i'll just stop. 100 is a lot of THINGS.
1. Started your own blog. obvi.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. does the school band count?
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. high school there was a big one. or was that a comet? whatever it was, i watched it while lying in the grass with a girl. ICKKKK.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. remember when i rented that African child for a couple years, despite having no income?
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain. like Colleen, i have climbed volcanoes.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang/played a solo. NO. duets, yes.
11. Bungee jumped. bitch, please. i don't even like rollercoasters.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. complete with tornadoes alongside our ship. yikes.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child. kinda. in Africa. via mail.
16. Had food poisoning. does every time i eat Taco Bell count?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables. farmer Joe here.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. I WANT TO TAKE A TRAIN TRIP!
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. rapesville.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. regularly.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb. but never eaten it. maybe because i have held one...
26.Bathed in a river. while camping!
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. too 'spensive/molto caro.
29. Seen a total eclipse. only of the heart...
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community. my neighborhood growing up.
36. Taught yourself a new language. kiinda. italiano. intro level.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. does the one outside the Uffizi count?
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. does a first date count if we "met" on the internet?
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. i did more than WALK... bow chika bow owww.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. ew. almost, in high school.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. snorkeling. PANIC ATTACK. had to go back to the boat where an old woman told me i'd need to practice "en la piscina."
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. with Cass in high school and college. SO FUN. good clean fun. god only knows the trouble we'd get into if we did that nowadays.
55. Been in a movie. YES, but only in the Special Features section.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. yeah but the men weren't so much homeless as they were addicts. i don't know if that counts.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. yeah, but won't donate blood again until the idiotic and discriminatory laws are changed. don't get me started on that one!
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. dog. still have him, along with all my old toys at home.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. many, many times. my mother....
85. Read the entire Bible. sadly, yes.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox. nope. and i hear that's scary because i can get shingles as an adult? great...
89. Saved someone’s life. PROBABLY.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Made a baby. i just made a food baby with some pizza.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. the one at the airport.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Not as a party, but as counsel.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Built a house out of mud! tsk. that's so stupid.
if you read through all that, congratulations on being totes bored just like me. i almost couldn't finish it.
on the upside, i feel like i've done lots of things on this list, and i don't really want to go to Russia or China, or to break a bone, so...