So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

trying to be unfaithful



i prepared for it as i would prepare for any date, basically:  

1. i picked out my clothes a day in advance, doing a test run to make sure that everything would fit right.  
2. after that i trimmed my hair so that my side-swoop would look perfectly neat.  
3. the day of, i shaved with a fresh, extra sharp razor.  if i'm bleedin' while shaving, i will look baby-smooth shortly after.   
4. i picked out a super cute pair of underwear (Calvin Klein Steel trunks, if you must know) -- even though i'm fairly certain no one will be seeing them, i like to know i look good on the inside. of my clothes. 
5.  i decided not to eat the everything bagel that i really wanted to have for breakfast, so that my breath wouldn't offend the person judging me.
6.  i arranged for a cab to drive me so that i wouldn't be sweating when i arrived for the big meeting. 

it might sound like a lot of work, but it was worth it.  because i really want this.  

the only strange thing is that i couldn't shake the feeling that i was cheating.  because i already have a job, as of a few days ago.  call me greedy, but i don't care.  like i said, i really want this other job, and i put a lot of energy into the interview.  down to my underwear.  yeah -- that's how bad i want this.

"Beggars can't be choosers," a friend of mine told me the other day, after i told him that i was still going on the big interview even though i accepted an offer from another firm just days ago.  "I'm not a beggar anymore.  I already have a job, so there's no more begging.  I'm just greedy," i told him.  

and i think that i have a right to be greedy.  i've applied in vain to so many jobs in the past few months that now, when i finally get an interview for a job that i really want, i deserve the opportunity to explore it. 


the interview went well, by the way.  now it's in god's hands.

3 comments:

Lifebeginsat30ty said...

Haha. Trickeroo post, huh?

I think you've spent all this time looking for a job. You should take the one you really want and will make you happy :)

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on the job. I hope you get the second one too :)

Piney said...

Go for it! Congrats on the new job and best of luck with this one. If you put that much work into the interview, you totes deserve it! I'm also very impressed by your dating prep, Squealer missed out!