So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

octogenarian wit


what happens when you teach a couple of scrappy old women to use a computer?
wonderfulness ensues.


if you need a quick distraction from all the networks' political pundits -- if you despise Elizabeth Hasselbeck -- and if you like sassy comebacks and "cussing," then you should probably check out the blog Margaret and Helen.

in their own words, here's the gist of Marge and Helen's blizzog:

My name is Helen Philpot. I am 82 years old. My grandson taught me how to do this so that I could “blog” with my best friend Margaret Schmechtman who I met in college almost 60 years ago. I have three children with my husband Harold. Margaret has three dogs with her husband Howard. I live in Texas and Margaret lives in Maine.

i've been reading the blog this morning, and let me tell you! with post titles such as
"
IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION,"
and "
ELISABETH IS A MORON AND THEN I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY,"
and "
SARAH PALIN IS A BITCH... THERE I SAID IT," this is exactly what i need in my life right now.

i know, i know. it seems too good to be true. and maybe it is. i think the jury's still out on whether these are actually two old broads or whether they're a couple of witty 20-somethings who volunteer for Obamarama on the weekends.

but what if? what if this is actually the blog of some magical old women whose tone kinda reminds me of ELLEN's regular caller Gladys? life would be a dream.

i choose to hold out hope that Margaret and Helen are legit, so i'll keep reading.

as for you, when you're finished checking out their blog, here's a reminder of how fun it is to talk to sassy old bitties:





(p.s.: big ups to andrew sullivan for suggesting M&H!)

No comments: