So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

hypocrite


i scoffed at this person's postsecret when i first saw it. i saved it to my desktop, planning to post it and blog about how ridiculous it is.

and then a voice in my head said to me, "everybody's got their something." it's true.

i cried when carrie found out big was engaged to natasha, that stick figure with no soul.

i cried when vivian rode away from edward's hotel in the grey limo.
i cry every time time billy elliot gets his acceptance letter.
i cry when i hear don henley sing 'forgiveness.'

you do it, too. i know you do. your something is just different.


maybe we cry about the "silly" stuff, the fake stuff, so that we won't cry about the real stuff. the hard stuff. the stuff we can't do anything about. like news of an uncle's death ruining a family vacation. or an unresolved fight with a close friend. or the final end of a tumultuous relationship last summer. not a tear.


while we're on the topic, i'll share with you an old favorite that i've been holding onto since circa 2004... just in case you missed it back then:


No comments: