So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

they say you can never go home again...

and those are words i live by.

but occasionally i think about the grassy hills and dusty dirt roads and winding streams of that place i return to only for the christmas gifts and to end the guilt trips from my mother.

today i'm thinking about home in summer. so quiet. so calm. i should probably be there studying for the bar exam. this nostalgia will, of course, pass soon. but my ma, novice digi-photographer that she is, sent me some photos today, and for her i'll allow myself just a few minutes more...

here's a view from her window. car window, that is.

2 comments:

Pat Sandora said...

Your mom just stole that little Amish girl's soul. I hope it was worth it.

tobethatguy said...

patrick, she's amish -- not an aborigine.



but that would explain why they HATE having their photos taken and can get very confrontational when you snap photos of them at the cheese nook, and then they won't let you buy a pie, or even cantaloupe...