So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

one shining day

weekend, actually. a shining weekend.

i did nothing but live. no school work, no bar application progress (oops). just happy hour, catching up with a friend i haven't seen in 2 years, drinking, dancing, sleeping, lunch, running, dinner, a trip to target, driving around for hours with boy, mexican food, laundry...

i did so much, yet i feel like i relaxed all weekend. such a lovely weekend.

now it's sunday afternoon, and i simply can't face all that i've been avoiding this weekend. instead i'm catching up on one of my truly guilty pleasures: celebrity playlists on iTunes. i totally buy into the "ooh, i guess if kelly ripa loves the song, it must be good..."

it's often surprising to me what celebs like. carrie underwood loves hard rock. vince vaughn listens to nothing but classic country music. most surprising to me was that aforementioned retard and co-host of regis and kelly actually has fantastic taste in some funky artists like damien rice (<3) and mazzy star. i would've guessed that she listened to nothing but hannah montana and the soundtrack from 'the little mermaid' on broadway. not that there's anything wrong with that.

some of the celeb faves weren't so surprising. queen latifah doesn't have one white artist on her list. backstreet boys listen to nothing but boy band pop. and homo alan cummings' list is full of gay icons. i won't rip on him, though, because i took his suggestion and just bought a really fantastic song that i had never heard before clicking on his playlist.

SHINE
cyndi lauper

Shine
I'll stand by you

Don't try and push me away 'cause I'm just gonna stay
You can shine I won't deny you
And don't be afraid it'll all be okay

Do you know my name?
Well I ain't gonna take that big time line,
Won't be beat by a lie

Gonna call out to these embers waiting to ignite
Gonna pull you up by your love, by your love and tell you:

Shine
I'll stand by you...

I can see the frown you wear
All around like some faded crown
Like a watch over wound
Gonna call down to this diamond buried underground
Gonna pull you up by your love, by your love and tell you

When it's said and done
What you need will come and time won't let me
Let you let me waste it this time
Shine



this is the gayest and most brilliant thing. i'm not even a big cyndi fan. her day (and this song) def. came before my time.
lovely.

No comments: