So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

when blogging gets (really) personal

okay, so most of you know that i'm a total blogaholic, right? i become invested in the opinions and interests, and now even the personal lives, of people i do not know and will probably never meet.

during any given week day, i may skim 20 blogs. i take weekends off . . . mostly because nobody posts new blogs on weekends.

well, one of my favorite -- though less frequently updated than i would like -- blogs is Josh & Josh, a blog written by two cute new york metro homos. it's random, it's fun, it's not political. these are three qualities i appreciate in a time-wasting device such as a blog. these are things i look for to distract me from school and work.

one thing that surprises me about Josh & Josh is that they gladly break one of the cardinal rules in blogging: they put personal, identifying info about themselves and others on their blogs. sure, we all do that to an extent, but one of the Joshes recently did something i try really hard never to do (though sometimes my giddy self causes me to fail). check it out:

March 03, 2008

Josh H. Goes On A Date

Tonight I went on a great first date.

We had dinner at a small, authentic family-run Italian place on Smith Street. After dinner we meandered the streets of Cobble Hill and its rows of brownstones and ornate stoops until we reached the Brooklyn Heights promenade.

The promenade, hugging the shoreline of the East River, has unparalleled views of lower Manhattan. The skyline, from the Statue of Liberty up to the Empire State and Chrysler buildings, glittered like so many towering jewelry boxes, strings of lights stretching across the Brooklyn Bridge and branching out into the city.

We stopped for coffee and then continued winding through neighborhood streets, holding our hot drinks and looking in over-sized brownstone windows at elaborate tin ceilings and walls of books and ornate chandeliers, pointing out details we admired.

On a street corner near home, as it was time to say goodnight, he leaned in.

I did, too.

It was the ideal kiss. Not too much; not too little. Just right.

Then, the magic words: "I’d really like to see you again," he said.

"Really? Um, me too. Maybe Friday? A movie?"

He smiled. "Okay. Sure. Friday. A movie."

As I set off toward home, turning my head to take one last look at him, I turned up the collar of my jacket, stuffed my hands in my pockets, and smiled.

To say the least, I’m looking forward to Friday.

-from Josh & Josh are Rich and Famous


cute, right? yeah, i know.

and do you have any idea how hard it is for me to not write a post like that after every super fun date (like i had last night) with boy? HARD.

but living vicariously through josh h. will quench my desire to gush, so long as he keeps kissing and telling. i wonder if his boy du jour has since read the blog. . ?

No comments: