So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

beauty in the breakdown

i believe in a thing called love. i believe love, actually, is all around. love is all we need. love lifts us up where we belong. and in the name of love, i believe there is hope.

so when a dear friend e-mailed me to say, quite simply, and i quote:

im
falling
in
love


i couldn't help but smile at her e-mail. for me, it was a reminder. i was reminded of this hope. reminded of the excitement. reminded what it felt like when it was new for me.

and happy. so happy for her. also happy that i, too, have felt it. happy that what started just like that has, for me, turned into a quite lovely relationship.

and i wish the same for my dear friend. i think there is infinite happiness to be had. an infinite number of blessings to receive. the territory is boundless, and each of us deserves the whole of it. while that math may be confusing for our psyches and especially contrary to what we've been taught all these years, it is simply the truth. goodness will not run out. fortune will not dry up. and love will never be in short supply. so eat up, i say. take it all in. drink more than you should. there's more where that came from.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<3 lovely.