So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the heat's doin' crazy things out there

crazy heat = crazy events.

after years of proclaiming the benefits of walking and, especially, living in a city where i can walk everywhere, i took a bus 5 blocks today. i didn't even get through 1 robyn song before my ride was over. i just couldn't bear to walk.

as i was walking from the bus to my front door, i saw a genuinely homeless, shoe-less man lying on the sidewalk brushing his teeth. with real toothpaste and a toothbrush. just as i began thinking to myself how much i respect his dedication to dental hygiene, i noticed that instead of spitting the excess, he was allowing it to pour down from his open mouth all over his shirt. i gotta give the crazy guy props, but he still doesn't get my spare change.

i stayed awake in class this morning with the help of only one coffee. seriously, didn't even doze off or nod my head and have to catch myself as it fell. i was wide awake, even though i only got 10 hours of sleep last night. crazy.

last night my terribly behaved pussifer jumped up onto the kitchen counter and knocked over a huge glass of water, spilling it all over my counter and kitchen floor. i picked up my dripping wet kitchen rug so that it could dry. just minutes later, through sheer clumsiness, i spilled spaghetti sauce all over my kitchen floor... but not my rug. easy clean-up: a few paper towels. did atticus know what was about to happen, so he saved my rug from inevitable stainage and mess? possibly.

also, today i went to the gym, and.... well. that in itself is crazy and unusual.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TEN hours of sleep??

10?

1-0?

*so jealous*