So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

enlighten me, please

could one of my asian readers, or chinese take-out aficionados, or rice queens, even, please riddle me this: why is it that the chinese restaurants include - with every single meal - hot mustard as a condiment?

how am i supposed to be using this hot mustard? my dish is already spicy (and yet sweet, at the same time).

i keep these hot mustards, along with packs of soy sauce and duck sauce, in my refrigerator. why? because it's food, and i might need it someday. occasionally i'll need soy sauce. it's nice to have duck sauce around for the next time i have some boring rice. yet as i look back over the years, i have never actually needed the spicy mustard.

please, someone, enlighten me.

No comments: